Usage of /report - Warning: Mod Usage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Usage of /report - Warning: Mod Usage

Post  Tiago_Barzini on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:45 am

Usage of /report

All players will know the /report function, but there are some returning remarks and questions that seem to pop up.

1. I reported but admins did not punish / do nothing.
While we have many trustworthy players, false reports do happen. There for admins have instructions not to act unless they can confirm the report. It means that reports about DM, ramming and carjacking will not always be punished directly.
At some times there are 90 players and 4 admins. That means admins have to make a choice in their work. In such times it is possible that they miss a report. Also admins can handle situations by talking to the reported player. In that case you might not see the punishment. Just because you do not see a result does not mean there was no reaction.

2. I reported 5 times and I get a warning ???
If you report one incident 5 times, you are spamming admin chat.

3. I reported the guy who jacked me after 5 minutes and get a warning ?
When admins see a report they spectate the players. If someone is far away, the report is seen as false report.

4. I tell that sometimes report gets no reaction and I get kicked/warned ???
More than half of the admin work is done on reports. If players see people complain that reports do not work, they might not use it when they should. If admins do not get reports, people will start complain admins are not active in handling situations. Admins are not psychic and can not see all players at the same time.
If we allow complaints on reports not working, the result can be that rule breakers get a lot of chances, and the quality of the server goes down.
We see it as our duty to protect the server from those who like to disturb it by complaining.

Warning: Mod Usage

In the unban topics we have recently found a number of people that have car mods installed, many of them use SAMI (San Andreas Mod Installer).

Please note that it is allowed to use mods only on the condition that they do not change anything in the handling of SA:MP.
SAMI has the ability to change the handling and properties of cars and other objects, but do not use these under any circumstances.

Changed handling will look to other players as using cheats, and you will be banned for that, the ban will be justified and fair.

If you use a modded SAMP, be very sure that the mods influence appearance only and not anything else.
When you doubt, remove the mods.

If you want to use a modded SAMP for single playr or special things like movies, make a clean installation without mods to play normal and use the modded only on special servers like a movie server.
Tiago_Barzini
Admin

http://virtualrp.forums-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top